Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Author Meme

I was tagged by Plenty of Paper (Heather) http://plentyofpaper-reviews.blogspot.com/. So I guess I should get started!


(ahem) these be the RULES
Link to the person that tagged you
Post the rules somewhere in your meme
Answer those questions
Tag six people in your post
Let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog
Let the tagger know your entry is posted.

#1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?
It's gotta be Lauren Myracle. Her books are so funny. I hvae read TTYL and TTFN so many times I can't even count. I read Rhymes With Witches last summer and I thought it was so funny. All of these girls are so serious about the popularity theft...wait, I don't wanna talk too much about that. EVERYONE should read that book. It's hilarious. haha. I emailed her once when I was having a really bad day and she sent back and she was so thoughtful. She told me that I could get through it and that I shouldn't worry so much about other people. The people that care about me will always be there. I was really touched and now I can't wait for Bliss, her next novel coming out August 20th. I'm buying it as soon as I can.
2. Who was your first favorite author, and why?
My first favorite author is Eric Carl. When I first learned to read, I had 'A Very Hungry Caterpillar' by my bed every night. It was the first book I could read on my own. That was when I was about three and a half. Since then I've read....idk, thousands of books, but he will always be my FIRST favorite.
3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
The most recent has to be Kate Brian. I've read a few of her books before this month (Sweet 16, Megan McGowan's Guide), but lately I've been OBSESSED with the Private collection. I'm serious, I started Saturday and I've already finished 1, 2, and 3. They're great. I'd recommend them to anyone. The mystery keeps you reading way into the book until it's the last page, and even then you want to grab the next one in the series and begin right away.
4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?
Kate Brian, Lauren Myracle, and Meg Cabot.... After a minute, I'd add Jodi Lynn Anderson, Alyson Nol, Ann Brashares, Lauren Halse Anderson, Lisi Harrison, Lurlene McDaniel, Aimee Friedman, Sarah Dessen, Cecily von Ziegesar, Zoey Dean, and the soon-to-be-published author of Unfortunately Magnificent
1. Steph (Reviewer X)
2. Tasha (And Another Book Read)
3. The Book Muncher http://thebookmuncher.blogspot.com/
4. Muffins and Books http://cheeseandbooks.blogspot.com/
5. Book Bopper http://bookbopper.blogspot.com/
6. Em's Bookshelf emsbookshelf.blogspot.com

Now I have to keep my promise and inform you ppl up there!

0 Comments: