Tuesday, August 26, 2008

25. Violet On The Runway by Melissa Walker




ON THE DAY MY LIFE CHANGED

THE LADY IN THE GIANT CHANEL SHADES

STARED ME UP AND DOWN

"Gorgeous, I've got fall castings coming up and I think you could be IT. And I mean IT. Are you busy next weekend? I can have you on a flight to New york Friday Night. If it's up to me, I say you're the next Kate Moss-but, you know, taller and without the PR problems...I hope!" Then she threw her perfectly highlighted hair back and laughed, which gave me a good look at her straight white veneers.

So that's how I happen to have this business card in the front pocket of my jeans as I start my senior year of high school. The card of Angela Blythe from Tryst Models in New York City, who wants to put me on a plane this weekend and whisk me into her world of high-heeled boots and oversized sunglasses. Me, Violet Greenfield, who's been P-L-A-I-N practically forever.

And you wanna know a secret? I'm going...


I really liked this book. Violet is such an interesting character. She's really strong and a bit predictable, but you love her for it. In this world that she now lives in, in this world of running around and magazine shoots and backstabbing your best friends, you need to know there's one thing that will stay strong.

RATING: 4 stars

0 Comments: