Monday, September 1, 2008

29. Anatomy of A Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky


Before all this happened, the closest I’d ever come to getting physical with a guy was playing the board game Operation. Okay, so maybe that sounds pathetic, but it’s not like there were any guys at my high school who I cared to share more than three words with, let alone a relationship.

Then I met Wes, a track-star senior from across town. Maybe it was his soulful blue eyes, or maybe my hormones just started raging. Either way, I was hooked. And after a while, he was too. I couldn’t believe how intense my feelings became, or the fact that I was seeing-and touching-parts of the body I’d only read about in my Gray’s Anatomy textbook. You could say Wes and I experienced a lot of firsts together that spring. It was love. And then came the fall.

I enjoyed this book, but it definitely wasn’t as good as others that I’ve read. The main character, Dominique, isn’t very strong. She spends too much time with her boyfriend and becomes obsessed with the way that they are seen and how much time they spend together.

RATING: 4.5 stars

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I find this book very interesting. I want to check it out... that cover is just funky and different. :)

Vanessa
whatvanessareads.wordpress.com

Alessandra said...

I read this book too, and loved it!

Diana Dang said...

From what I read here, I don't think I will enjoy this sort of book. ><

nadine said...

i really enjoyed reading this book. although it was a little graphic at times, i laughed from the beginning to the end.

chattederuelle said...

I loved this book. :)